Essay Plan


Introduction:
I have found this subject interesting because I want to go into 3D printing
Why I chose it- I am genuinely interested, I see it as the future
How it relates to one of the topics- Robotics and Art
My relationship with it- future career, I have made 3D printed works in the past
Thesis: 3D printing is the future of creating art, medicine, and technology, and is the most cutting edge invention combining all of those elements. 


Background:

Three types of 3D printing
Charles Hull, 3d Systems 1989
Stratasys Ltd.
RepRap

Current State:
Current state of the technology: talk about some of the printers (MakerBot, Formlab, M3D)
Shapify
Shapeways
John Edmark
Cosmo Wenman
Joshua Harker
#Laugh
Dr. Anthony Atala
3D printed ear
Prosthetics

Project into the Future:
3D printed house
3D printed car
3D printed food



A lot of the sources and information I’m going to use in this essay are examples I have already compiled from my own research outside of this class (#Laugh, Anthony Atala, Shapeways). I will look on Google Scholar, TED Talks, and on Shapeways itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6: BioTech and Art

Week 2: Mathematics and Art

Week 9: Space + Art